right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
JOIN US for the "Ask The Expert" live event w/ the CC Dean, Sally Rubenstone, on Feb. 22 at 12:00 pm ET. Registered members can ask their questions NOW!

University of Pittsburgh Housing

jonathanpjonathanp 0 replies2 threads New Member
edited May 2011 in University of Pittsburgh
I am currently a senior at Syracuse (graduating in 2 weeks) and will be attending University of Pittsburgh in the fall to work on a Masters. I know the university is in the Oakland section of Pittsburgh, but am wondering where exactly I should be looking for an apartment and what areas are safer than others and their proximity to campus - for example, South Oakland, North Oakland, Shadyside, Squirrel Hill, East Liberty, Point Breeze, etc.
edited May 2011
4 replies
Post edited by jonathanp on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: University of Pittsburgh Housing

• wgmcp101wgmcp101 918 replies21 threads Member
    Shadyside or Squirrel Hill is where I'd look if I was a grad student. The cheapest may be in Oakland, but it is dominated by undergrads and the housing quality is lower.
    · Reply · Share
  • LurkNessMonsterLurkNessMonster 1932 replies83 threads Senior Member
    Here's a list:

Graduate Students Rental Options

I agree that Shadyside or Squirrel Hill are your best bets.
    · Reply · Share
  • MD MomMD Mom 6644 replies84 threads Senior Member
    Agree with above posters. Once you have a Pitt e-mail, you can also read reviews on Pitt's housing site.
    · Reply · Share
  • QuietTypeQuietType 700 replies17 threads Member
    Even though we live in the Pittsburgh area, D1 has spent each summer either working as a research assistant or doing an internship/fellowship at Pitt. Each summer, and now this coming school year, she has leased or subleased an apartment in the Shadyside area. That locale is family-friendly and rather well covered by the local transit bus routes which offers convenient access to Pitt as well as shopping centers and other locations around the county.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity