right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
2 DAYS until our "Ask The Expert" live event w/ the CC Dean, Sally Rubenstone, on Feb. 22 at 12:00 pm ET. Ask your question NOW if you are a registered member!

So you wanna go to Pitt? (Class of 2012 Seniors)

melox93melox93 33 replies3 threads Junior Member
edited July 2011 in University of Pittsburgh
Hi College Confidential! The purpose of this thread is for Class of 2012 high school seniors who are interested/plan on applying to Pitt. :) Pitt is my first choice/dream school and I was wondering if there are others out there that it is their choice too! Here we can discuss why we're choosing Pitt and possibly release stress about the whole college prep process lol
edited July 2011
59 replies
Post edited by melox93 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: So you wanna go to Pitt? (Class of 2012 Seniors)

• xkmh427xxkmh427x 20 replies7 threads New Member
    meeeeeeeeee
    · Reply · Share
  • melox93melox93 33 replies3 threads Junior Member
    yay someone answered! Hi! I'm guessing Pitt's your top school too? we need more 2012 seniors to unite on here! :)
    · Reply · Share
  • agnijayagnijay 251 replies20 threads Junior Member
    I do too...
    · Reply · Share
  • xkmh427xxkmh427x 20 replies7 threads New Member
    yeah im stressing so bad about it
    · Reply · Share
    Me too!!! Its pretty much the ONLY school I reallllly want to go to! Do you know what you want to study yet?
    · Reply · Share
  • AmericanDiogenesAmericanDiogenes 65 replies21 threads Junior Member
    Just got in. Very thrilled.
    · Reply · Share
    When did you apply? That's awesome! Congrats!
    · Reply · Share
  • Pens1394Pens1394 136 replies16 threads Junior Member
    Growing up in the suburbs of Pittsburgh, I've been a pretty big Pitt fan all my life, and it is certainly a school that I'll be applying to this fall. However, I'm planning on majoring in either Business or Communications, and I'm not so sure that Pitt is very strong in those programs (at least compared to Penn State). Somebody try to convince me otherwise!
    · Reply · Share
  • AmericanDiogenesAmericanDiogenes 65 replies21 threads Junior Member
    melox: I had to ask my high school to send out my transcript *three* times, so my application wasn't complete until close to the deadline. All that's past now, though. I'm in!
    · Reply · Share
    @Pens: Yeah I am a suburbian Pittsburgher too! What percentage of students at Penn State are Communications or Business majors as opposed to Pitt?

Sent from my M860 using CC App
    · Reply · Share
    @AmericanDiogenes: Well congratulations! What are you going to be studying?

· Reply · Share
  • PittPeerAdvisorPittPeerAdvisor 66 replies4 threads Junior Member
    Hi everyone! I'm a peer advisor here at Pitt. Myself and the other peer advisors would be more than happy to answer any questions about Pitt that you have!

@Pens1394- I noticed your comment because I studied Communications while at Pitt. While the Communications department is mainly theory-based, I still found it to be a great department. There are plenty of interesting classes to sign up for. Another great thing about the Comm major is that there are plently of majors/minors that compliment it nicely, such as English Writing, Literature, Film, Political Science, etc. There are plenty of options for you based on your personal interests.
    I'm not sure how it compares to Penn State's business school, but Katz Business School is extremely reputable. It's also competitive, so if you are interested then I recommend applying early.
    · Reply · Share
    Hi Pitt Peer Advisor! I have a question. I plan on being a Studio Arts major. I know that Studio Arts isn't one of Pitt's main majors, but I was wondering how good Fine Arts is at Pitt. Also, are there any requirements for when I sumbit an art portfolio or musical recording? Thank you!

· Reply · Share
  • MagicMattMagicMatt 33 replies31 threads Junior Member
    Hey everyone! I am so excited to apply to Pitt because it is my number one choice for college!

PittPeerAdvisor: Hi! I was wondering if you are able to answer my admissions question? Here it is. How much does Pitt's admission office care about extracurriculars and the essay component of the application? I ask this because I am a good student and I really want to attend Pitt main, but Pitt main has only been accepting students from the top 50 of their class from my high school for the last few years. I am ranked right outside the top 50 and I would like to know if you think my overall strong application (essays, extracurriculars, etc) could aid me in getting into Pitt main?
    · Reply · Share
    Hi MagicMatt! Welcome to my thread haha, what do you plan on studying? Also, that was a good question for the peer advisors :)
    · Reply · Share
    Hi!

@melox93: Studio Arts is one of our 60+ major programs here in Arts and Sciences. If you would like more information about the major, Requirements for Majors | Studio Arts | University of Pittsburgh is a great help. Regarding your question about submission about supplemental materials, you should contact the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid:
    4227 Fifth Ave,
    Alumni Hall
    Pittsburgh, PA 15260
    (412) 624-7488.

To learn even more about the arts departments, feel free to contact the departments directly.

@magicmatt: We actually do not answer admission questions as Peer Advisors. Peer Advisors are Pitt students who intern with the School of Arts and Sciences. As part of the internship, we work with students in organizing schedules and anwering any questions they may have regarding classes, college life, Pittsburgh,...etc. Like I said to melox93, I would contact admissions directly regarding any questions you may have about the process and materials.

I wish you to the best of luck, and HAIL to PITT!
    · Reply · Share
  • MagicMattMagicMatt 33 replies31 threads Junior Member
    PittPeerAdvisor: Thanks, I'll try contacting admissions!

Melox: Hello! I would be in the pre-law program and would like to study Political science and possibly double major with Film at Pitt. What do you plan on studying?
    · Reply · Share
    Hi! Oh that sounds interesting! I plan on going into Fine Arts, like Studio Arts and Music performamce. i'm thinking of minoring in Psychology :) Are you from Pittsburgh or are you an out of state student?

· Reply · Share
    @melox93 Just a note, there is no Psychology minor. However, most majors have an incorporated section where you study a related area not in your major department, so you can definitely take the courses in the psychology department.
    · Reply · Share
    Oh okay, that's one thing I wasn't sure about because it wasn't listed as a minor, but as long as i'm still able to take Psychology courses that's great! Thank you for that info!

· Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity