Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

How many classes to take Junior Year

PitthopefulPitthopeful Registered User Posts: 276 Junior Member
edited February 2012 in University of Pittsburgh
Freshman Year I had a 3.1 uw and a 3.25 w and with 10 classes. Currently as a Sophomore I will end up bringing my cumulative GPA to 3.29 uw and 3.44 w and that is with 17 classes combining Freshman and Sophomore Year. How many classes would be reasonable to take Junior Year for my gpa, which is on an upward trend. My key classes Junior Year will be AP Pysch, Honor Chem, and Honor Pre Calc with everything else regular. Based on my schedule I will have either 8 or 9 classes scheduled for Junior Year. Should I schedule 8 or 9 classes? What would be a smart move for someone who is trying to get his GPA as high as possible?
Post edited by Pitthopeful on

Replies to: How many classes to take Junior Year

• RavencrowRavencrow Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    I would schedule in 9 classes, because that can increase your GPA more than 8 classes- unless...you can't handle the workload. If you think that would happen, then take a study hall class. I never had study hall, so I can't say how helpful it is. I prefer to take a super easy elective to secretly do homework in and increase my GPA a bit. xD

The most important thing is getting straight A's. Maybe you should go to your counselor and ask how your gpa would change in different scenarios.
This discussion has been closed.