Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Guarantee to Professional School

immike1234immike1234 Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
edited February 2012 in University of Pittsburgh
Does anyone know how you will be informed whether Pitt has accepted you as one of the guarantees for their professional schools (which is dependent on GPA, etc?)

I've been trying to find information about this on their website with no avail

Thanks!
Post edited by immike1234 on

Replies to: Guarantee to Professional School

• clarinetzclarinetz Registered User Posts: 98 Junior Member
    Speaking from my own experience, I indicated on my application that I was interested in physical therapy. A few weeks after I received my acceptance letter, I received another letter informing me that I was granted guaranteed grad school admission to Pitt's PT school. It was a big factor in me choosing Pitt--funny thing is, I no longer have any desire to be a PT.

Did you indicate a pre-professional interest on your application? I feel like you have to do that in order to be considered for guaranteed admission, but I could be wrong.
  • AwesomeOpossumAwesomeOpossum Registered User Posts: 1,840 Senior Member
    When I applied for SSOE, I got a guaranteed grad letter with my admissions letter. I guess it depends on the major you applied to.

Just an FYI though-- at least in SSOE, no one in the school has any idea that the guarantee letters exist. I know of 2 other people who brought the subject up with their advisors, who were TOTALLY clueless. If you have a guarantee letter, HOLD ON TO IT and don't lose it.
  • MTnestMTnest Registered User Posts: 1,793 Senior Member
    Awesome: Interesting about the lack of knowledge of the guarantee letter since the letter was signed by Prof. Holder, US Steel Dean of Engineering.
  • AwesomeOpossumAwesomeOpossum Registered User Posts: 1,840 Senior Member
    MTnest wrote:
    Interesting about the lack of knowledge of the guarantee letter since the letter was signed by Prof. Holder, US Steel Dean of Engineering.

Yeah....I also learned that the "guaranteed grad" is only for a professional Masters (I believe professional) and not a research Masters or a Ph.D.
This discussion has been closed.