Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Trig placement question

frodettebfrodetteb Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited June 2012 in University of Pittsburgh
I haven't taken pre-calc for a while and I want to take the trigonometry placement exam in order to take calculus at Pitt. The PittStart site is very vague about the concepts covered...can anybody give me a good idea of how/what I should review?
Post edited by frodetteb on

Replies to: Trig placement question

• MD MomMD Mom Registered User Posts: 6,728 Senior Member
    I think that there is a math tutoring center at Pitt. The people there would probably be able to answer your question.

Try sending an e-mail to someone here:

http://www.mathematics.pitt.edu/resources/mac-center.php
  • jguti92jguti92 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    If it's like any college you will need to know your identity, law of sin and cosine, and half angle formulas, and memorize the unit circle

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CC
  • AwesomeOpossumAwesomeOpossum Registered User Posts: 1,840 Senior Member
    jguti92 wrote:
    If it's like any college you will need to know your identity, law of sin and cosine, and half angle formulas, and memorize the unit circle

Super emphasis on half angle formulas. There were a LOT of questions on it when I took it and I was all "I haven't seen this in forever!".

FYI- nothing is stopping you from making an equation sheet on paper to help you prepare for the exam. But you did NOT hear that from me ;)
  • frodettebfrodetteb Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Thanks for the advice about the half angle formulas. It's great to get a better idea of what to focus on, especially when I haven't seen these formulas for a few years
This discussion has been closed.