Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
sarorasarora Registered User Posts: 572 Member
edited June 2012 in University of Pittsburgh
Hello,

General question here - is Pitt pretty "strict" with rescinding admissions?

I was accepted at Pitt with a 2100 SAT and a B+/A- average GPA UW with mainly A-/B+ my first semester senior year. My final grades this year vary class to class, with my lowest being an 81% in one class and highest being 97%. There are no C/D/F, and my average grade (UW) in all my academic classes is an 84-85%.

I also took a few classes in college and sent my final transcript. My final community college GPA is 3.57 - I took it pretty easy because it was mainly for personal knowledge and a better understanding when I take classes like Calc II again. It was around a 3.7 when I sent them the fall semester transcript, but that only included one class (I have a few more including Calc II).

Do you think this will cause any trouble?
Post edited by sarora on

Replies to: Rescind

• charlieschmcharlieschm Registered User Posts: 4,282 Senior Member
    At most colleges, the only people who get their admissions recinded are those arrested for violent crime or who stop working in classes and get a string of Ds.
This discussion has been closed.