Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

A couple more questions...

staymotivatedstaymotivated Registered User Posts: 220 Junior Member
edited April 2013 in University of Pittsburgh
Hello,

Hello,

I have a few questions I would like you to answer....

1) I hear people talking about the main campus and then some other campuses... Do people get admitted into the campuses based on their stats? I mean to say are people with lower admissions statistics unlikely to get into the main campus?

2) I am an international student studying at an American Curriculum high school outside the United States. All international students are required to have official evaluations of their school records. This requirement can be waved in some cases however. Since my school is MSA accredited and I'll be receiving the US HS diploma upon graduation, I thought that I should be able to have the requirement waved. As a result, I emailed the University asking for the requirement to be waived. They replied saying that I should email them a sample transcript. I emailed them on twelfth April (a Friday ), and I haven't gotten a reply from them yet. What should I do? Time is really flying.

3) My last and final question, I have a 1590 SAT score (composite, superscore) and I am worried I won't be able to get in. I however have other strong aspects of my application (a 4.0 GPA, 110 TOEFL, and great recommendations). So, could the stronger aspects of my app help me? Please comment on this.

Thank You in Advance. :)
Post edited by staymotivated on

Replies to: A couple more questions...

• southeastmomsoutheastmom Registered User Posts: 317 Member
    Some students go to branch campuses because it's closer to home; others aren't accepted to main campus and are offered admission at a branch campus.

I don't have the answers to your other questions, but I'm wondering why you apply so late? If you don't get in, it may not be because of your stats, rather that the class is full already. i would try emailing again, if still no reply, call on the telephone.
  • XtremePowerXtremePower Registered User Posts: 1,661 Senior Member
    Is this for class of 2018 ? What the reading+math score ? Is it over 1150 ? 1590 SAT total is probably not even in the 10th percentile. You need to take the SAT again, ASAP.
  • AwesomeOpossumAwesomeOpossum Registered User Posts: 1,840 Senior Member
    I have a 1590 SAT score (composite, superscore) and I am worried I won't be able to get in.

This is for M+CR or for M+CR+W? Your Math + CR score need to be at LEAST around 1200 (i.e. at least 600 per section). That, along with your GPA are the main factors for acceptance. An SAT too low below 1200 will not get you admission, no matter how strong your GPA is.

You also didn't mention what cycle you are applying for, are you trying to start this fall (Fall 2013) or next fall (Fall 2014). If you are looking at Fall 2013, there is a very slim chance you will be accepted. It is very late in the admissions process to be applying and have your application reviewed (everyone must matriculate by May 1).
This discussion has been closed.