Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

University of Pittsburgh vs Penn State University

phonedogphonedog Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
With 8 more days remaining, I don't have much time to decide. Accepted to both with no merit aid which means cost of attendance is exactly the same. My intended major is engineering or business(currently undecided). Rural, urban, big, small doesn't really matter to me. I can adapt with anything. I was checking the rankings and stuff, PSU is ranked higher overall at #46 and University of Pittsburgh at #58.

One thing I noticed (ironic and quite disturbing) is that University of Pittsburgh's 25th percentile is like Penn State's 50th percentile for SAT. 1780 average SAT vs 1880 average SAT ? 1780 average SAT is really bad, this means almost everyone gets accepted there. You could also say PSU is for Pitt rejects ?

I heard that for Business and engineering PSU is better and it also has more reputation than University of Pittsburgh overall. The question I have is how does it compare to Pitt ? Should I really go with Pitt just because its more selective ?
Post edited by phonedog on

Replies to: University of Pittsburgh vs Penn State University

This discussion has been closed.