Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Pittsburgh Honors or Penn State Schreyer

procrastination6procrastination6 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited April 2013 in University of Pittsburgh
May 1 is approaching fast and I'm still having trouble deciding where I want to go. I have been accepted to Boston University (Honors), Villanova, University of Delaware (Honors), University of Pittsburgh (Honors), and Penn State (Schreyer), but I think I've narrowed it down to Pitt or PSU. I plan on majoring in engineering but could see myself possibly switching to business if I don't like engineering.

I'm in-state and received a full-tuition merit scholarship from Pitt and 15K/year merit from PSU, so they're basically equal in cost.

I know PSU Schreyer is more structured than Pitt's honors program, but other than that it seems that their programs are pretty comparable (although PSU tends to be ranked higher). I think they are both great programs, although Schreyer seems to have a bit more prestige.

That makes the major difference the campus--urban or college town. I have visited both and I liked both.

Are there any major differences that should make me lean either way?
Post edited by procrastination6 on

Replies to: Pittsburgh Honors or Penn State Schreyer

This discussion has been closed.