right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Housing waitlist

archcommusarchcommus 98 replies17 threads Junior Member
edited March 2006 in University of Pittsburgh
Anyone know anything about it? I have some questions.
edited March 2006
7 replies
Post edited by archcommus on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Housing waitlist

• lkf725lkf725 4596 replies184 threads Senior Member
    Are you on a wait list?
    · Reply · Share
  • chrisdchrisd 474 replies23 threads Member
    Hmm, I thought freshmen sophomores and juniors were all guaranteed housing.
    · Reply · Share
  • archcommusarchcommus 98 replies17 threads Junior Member
    I'm a sophomore transfer.

Well, I'm on it now. My questions:

1) It was received and processed March 6. Is that late/early in the year? Think many applications still come in during March and April?

2) Any approx. percentage that Pitt is usually able to give housing to?

3) Will the new suites opening this fall greatly improve my chances?
    · Reply · Share
    Here is the housing selection brochure:
    http://www.pc.pitt.edu/downloads/housingprocess.pdf

I just called up Panther Central and they said that you should have no trouble getting housing. They can usually even place students on the wait list into the early summer. Later summer is definitely a problem, though.
    · Reply · Share
    Wow, that's great to hear! Makes me feel a ton better. Whether or not you called just for me, thanks! I've talked to the people down there many times but always heard slightly different things, so it's great to hear what they just told you.
    · Reply · Share
    Well, yes, I DID call just for you! :) (Pittsburgh people are like that!) I have the number plastered on my refrigerator. The woman I spoke to seemed to be certain that a person without a guarantee but who already deposited would get housing. She said that when people request housing in August, it is sometimes impossible.

Did you notice that the order of housing given to waitlist people goes by the date you deposited? So, I would think you are in pretty good shape.
    · Reply · Share
    If most people in Pittsburgh are as helpful as you I can't get wait to get to Pitt!

Yes, I knew they granted assignments in the order they received your deposit (they received mine March 6), I just wasn't sure if when I deposited was considered sort of late or not.

So again, thanks for your very personal assistance.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity