right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Finding the right college for your unique situation can be challenging. Hear from other students who shared their admissions story. Download our FREE Student Voices - vol. 1, Student Voices - vol. 2, Student Voices - vol. 3, and Student Voices - vol. 4 eBooks NOW!
In an exclusive AMA for College Confidential, Gaelle Pierre-Louis, a former college admissions officer, reveals surprising insights on the elite college application process. ASK HER ANYTHING!
PARENTS4PARENTS: With the deadlines for ED/EA coming up shortly, thumper1 and happymomof1 will be answering questions and sharing their tips on how to build your college list. ASK THEM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our October Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

Engineering Scholarships

Lex248Lex248 149 replies2 threads Junior Member
edited April 2006 in University of Pittsburgh
Has anyone received any money from the School of Engineering? Just curious because in Pitt's literature and on their web site they mention scholarships that are available for undergraduates that are given through the Engineering School. (These scholarships can be in addition to any University scholarship.) I called up the Engineering School but couldn't get a clear answer as to how or when these would be awarded.
edited April 2006
7 replies
Post edited by Lex248 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Engineering Scholarships

• lkf725lkf725 4596 replies184 threads Senior Member
    My son won an engineering scholarship last year, along with a university scholarship. He received two separate letters in the mail around January or February. He didn't make any special application for them, but I think they are based on grades and test scores.
    · Reply · Share
  • Lex248Lex248 149 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Thanks for the info! If you don't mind my asking, when did your son apply to the University?
    · Reply · Share
    Gee, I don't really remember. In the fall, I'm guessing maybe in October or November.
    · Reply · Share
    yea...that's about when I applied too...hmmm

I guess I'll just have to keep bugging the Engineering Dpt. for information!! :)
    · Reply · Share
    Anyone else heard anything since last post?
    · Reply · Share
    If you call the Admissions and Financial Aid office, they will just refer you to call the Engineering school. I would try there. Maybe they know by now?
    · Reply · Share
    Well I called them yet again and finally talked to someone who could help me. She said that the notice of engineering scholarships went out with the financial aid notifications last week. She said I didn't receive notification because I didn't submit my FAFSA by Jan 15....but the problem is that my dad is self-employed and there is no possible way we can turn our FAFSA in (something i'm fully intending to do) before April 15th!!! When I applied back at the end of September, I made sure this wouldn't be a problem (called OAFA)...but now it could be??!!! Anyway, the woman was very nice and said she would pull my file and see what she could do... I'm just upset because the scholarships are purely merit-based, and she said I qualified for a significant amount of money, but this situation was just so incredibly out of my hands...o well...i guess we'll see...
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity