right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

A little late?

DETSAznDETSAzn 81 replies51 threads Junior Member
edited April 2006 in University of Pittsburgh
They sent me an engineering scholarship letter dated April 20th, which happened to be the day I paid $850 to Georgia Tech!! AHHHHH! When my parents and I sat down to decide which college (it was close btw. full price GT and Honor Scholarship (10k) Pitt), I said that another $2000/yr at Pitt would make my choice clear. But since I thought I didn't get the scholarship, I enrolled at GT. What should I do?
edited April 2006
3 replies
Post edited by DETSAzn on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: A little late?

• nurse123nurse123 147 replies2 threads Junior Member
    take a loss and go to Pitt- that is what u should do, without a doubt and don't look back, look ahead- what would you prefer??
    · Reply · Share
  • lkf725lkf725 4596 replies184 threads Senior Member
    I would not even consider the $850. It is insignificant in the scheme of things. Heck, your freshman books could cost that much! You could always call GT to tell them you changed you mind in the past week due to finances, and ask if they would refund your deposit. Is you check even cashed yet?
    · Reply · Share
  • Lex248Lex248 149 replies2 threads Junior Member
    yea I know what you mean... i received my engineering scholarship a bit late too.. dated April 14th...i got it two days ago... but in my case, they told me that i wouldn't even be considered for one because i had to submit a FAFSA after January..i was just really glad they gave it to me anyway :) but really, losing 850 or gaining 8000? you should go where you will be happiest, but if money is an issue, then that is a very significant amount...GOOD LUCK!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity