right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

summer open houses at Pitt

Engineering713Engineering713 51 replies4 threads Junior Member
Anyone have any experience attending the summer open houses at Pitt? My son is specifically interested in the "So You Want to be an Engineer" open house in July. We have already visited the campus during the fall semester and would now like to see the College of Engineering open house, but I'm afraid that it might just be a ghost town in the summer. Thanks in advance for your advice.
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: summer open houses at Pitt

• mommdcmommdc 11912 replies31 threads Senior Member
    No, these events are well attended by prospective students and parents. It will not be like a ghost town.

The pathfinders offer tours and there are information sessions.
    · Reply · Share
  • amandakayakamandakayak 2396 replies57 threads Senior Member
    Well lots of kids do go home but lots of grad students, undergrads w lab jobs, summer classes, athletes will be there. (including my dd)
    · Reply · Share
  • RyanG1207RyanG1207 521 replies3 threads Member
    I highly recommend the "So You Want To Be A..." Series. Very informative and well attended. The campus was not at all empty.
    · Reply · Share
  • Engineering713Engineering713 51 replies4 threads Junior Member
    I asked the original question and wanted to follow up with our experiences. We attended the So You Want to be an Engineer" open house on July 8. While the various campus tours were no different from any other visit, the presentations by the various Engineering faculty were very good about explaining the academic majors and opportunities within the College of Engineering. As my son is not sure of his engineering major, we were definitely glad we attended.
    · Reply · Share
  • mommdcmommdc 11912 replies31 threads Senior Member
    @Engineering713, I'm glad you posted back about your positive visit experience!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity