Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Upitt vs LUC

medkid18medkid18 Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
I am currently a freshman at Loyola University Chicago. I'm a pre-med / bio major.
I was thinking of transferring to Upitt. Pro - cons ?
I know Pitt it 3 times the size of LUC. The thing is LUC doesn't feel like home to me. It is too far from the city and there is not much to do around the campus. Even the kids here, its just not clicking for me. While LUC is a great school with thier social justice things . I can't feel the that drive and passion in anyone here. There is no school spirit! people don't sit next to each other in classes or talk too much.Maybe I'm just weird but I joined in the spring semester so everyone has their own group and no matter how many people I talk to, no one wants to hang out. or they say yes and then cancel last minute.
Also, Upitt dosn't have transfer requirements in terms of courses taken .
opinions / guidance ?

Replies to: Upitt vs LUC

• amandakayakamandakayak Registered User Posts: 2,404 Senior Member
    Visit and see how you feel. And drop the "U" - Pitt is just called Pitt. Lots of opportunity to shadow, do research...hospitals on campus so very convenient. Pitt is in the city - not outside in the suburbs. Really need to visit and see if you like it.
This discussion has been closed.