right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

New Pitt Pay Provider for 2017-2018. Has anyone figured out how to send a 529 payment?

Dave_NDave_N 827 replies15 threads Member
My son is a rising senior at Pitt. I was notified of his balance for the fall semester and tried to pay it online using the new PittPay site. In the old site, it was obvious where to send a 529 payment. The 529 details are not available on the new site.

Has anyone successfully sent a 529 payment for this year?

Thanks in advance.
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: New Pitt Pay Provider for 2017-2018. Has anyone figured out how to send a 529 payment?

• ohmomof2boysohmomof2boys 19 replies0 threads Junior Member
    It's kind of hidden. Under the Payments drop-down menu, there's an option for PA Tap & 529 Plans.

If you have the PA 529 Investment Plan, or a plan from any other state or organization, ask them to include the student’s full name and 7 digit student ID on the check and mail it to:

University of Pittsburgh
    P.O Box 643092
    Pittsburgh PA 15264-3092
    · Reply · Share
  • Dave_NDave_N 827 replies15 threads Member
    Thanks for the pointer.

For those following along, you can only see this before you log in. Once you log in as an authorized payer, the menu's change.

@ohmomof2boys, thanks again
    · Reply · Share
  • missbwith2boysmissbwith2boys 583 replies22 threads Member
    @ohmomof2boys and @Dave_N does that mean that I could also send a regular check to the above address to pay the bill?
    · Reply · Share
  • ohmomof2boysohmomof2boys 19 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @missbwith2boys - I would think that any check with your student's ID number on it would be processed at that address, but it couldn't hurt to contact them first. Here is the contact info for the Student Payment Center:

Email: [email protected] Include your 7 digit student ID
    Phone: 412-624-7520
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity