right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Finding the right college for your unique situation can be challenging. Hear from other students who shared their admissions story. Download our FREE Student Voices - vol. 1, Student Voices - vol. 2, Student Voices - vol. 3, and Student Voices - vol. 4 eBooks NOW!
PARENTS4PARENTS: With the deadlines for ED/EA coming up shortly, thumper1 and happymomof1 will be answering questions and sharing their tips on how to build your college list. ASK THEM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our October Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

Housing and Roommate Notification

Caroline158Caroline158 4 replies2 threads New Member
edited August 2006 in University of Pittsburgh
Hi! I am planning on attending Pitt in the fall and was wondering if anyone knew when you find out about your housing...Also, i was wondering when you are notified about your roommate selection. I am hoping to find this out before i go to Pitt for my Pittstart session in July. Thanks for your help!
edited August 2006
42 replies
Post edited by Caroline158 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Housing and Roommate Notification

• Lex248Lex248 149 replies2 threads Junior Member
    yeah...I'd like to know this too...I applied for SPACE and I am eager to see if I got it...
    · Reply · Share
  • pitstopinpurg1pitstopinpurg1 1 replies0 threads New Member
    My Daughter called the housing office. They said notifications on housing/roommates would be mailed in late June/early July. We are looking for anyone from the South (like Georgia, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana, South Carolina, Alabama) (since she is from Alabama) that is going to Pitt to email, if anyone is interested.
    · Reply · Share
  • Caroline158Caroline158 4 replies2 threads New Member
    Thanks for the info... I'm from the midwest (Illinois) and was also wondering if anyone from the midwest was going to Pitt.
    · Reply · Share
  • chrisdchrisd 474 replies23 threads Member
    My daughter is from northeast Ohio. . . .sort of midwest. She's going to Pittstart in late July.
    · Reply · Share
  • MissTiMissTi 202 replies17 threads Junior Member
    hey caroline
    im from chicago. good to see that im not the only one from illinois goin 2 pitt
    · Reply · Share
  • bwang34bwang34 55 replies5 threads Junior Member
    Is there anyone in the New England area going besides for me?
    · Reply · Share
  • Caroline158Caroline158 4 replies2 threads New Member
    Yay! Someone else from Illinois... i live across the river near St. Louis..
    · Reply · Share
  • nurse123nurse123 147 replies2 threads Junior Member
    new england, also
    · Reply · Share
  • mercymommercymom 1220 replies29 threads Senior Member
    Coming from the deep South here. Pitstopinpurg1, I heve sent you a pm. May I suggest that you students check out something called facebook.com. Once you're enrolled in a university and get an ID number you somehow wind up in facebook and college students from all over contact each other there. D has already been contacted by at least one OOS going to Pitt on facebook. Don't know how it works but if you're a college kid, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

We're off to Pittstart! Wish us luck!
    · Reply · Share
    ooo yes.. i know what you're talking about!.. i actually just made myself a facebook account with my email address... i'm not sure how to meet other future Pitt students yet though... guess i'll figure it out!
    · Reply · Share
  • bwang34bwang34 55 replies5 threads Junior Member
    ya..i made a facebook account and ended up getting a bunch of high school friends add me. How could you make friends on facebook without knowing who they are?
    · Reply · Share
    i've actually been searching within my major and class year... that way i can find people who i may actually have classes with next year haha...
    · Reply · Share
    Has anyone heard yet? My daughter's Pittstart session is 7/24-25, and we were hoping she'd have her dorm assignment before we went.
    · Reply · Share
    my pittstart is also the 24 and 25 but i have heard nothing.. i applied for special housing (SPACE) though, so that may be why it is taking longer??
    · Reply · Share
  • neeleshneelesh 1153 replies132 threads Senior Member
    bwang, what people do is add random people on facebook, and try to make friends that way. almost everyone does that, and its nicer to kind of know people when you arrive here. I made some great friends that way as well, and well, it works!
    · Reply · Share
  • nuclei19nuclei19 50 replies14 threads Junior Member
    looks like that makes 3 of us going to the july 24th and 25th session
    · Reply · Share
    haha, yes..three of us!... nuclei19: will you be going for engineering?
    · Reply · Share
  • nuclei19nuclei19 50 replies14 threads Junior Member
    nah business
    · Reply · Share
    My daughter's going for microbiology, 7/24-25.

I wonder what placement tests she'll have to take? She just got her AP scores, with a 4 in Calculus. She also took a year of Freshman English here at Kent State--hope she can get out of that class at Pitt.
    · Reply · Share
  • nurse123nurse123 147 replies2 threads Junior Member
    My d is going 7/24 for nursing.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity