right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Statistics for Pitt Students Admitted to Medical Schools

2»

Replies to: Statistics for Pitt Students Admitted to Medical Schools

• hailtopitt1787hailtopitt1787 1922 replies1 discussionsRegistered User, College Rep Posts: 1,923 Senior Member
    @DSOF20192023 I only get the medical school acceptance stats and nothing more but you can call the Interprofessional Center for Health Careers at 412-624-2656 to get those statistics.

-Pitt Admissions Staffer
    · Reply · Share
  • bsms2018bsms2018 112 replies5 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 117 Junior Member
    @hailtopitt1787 , if it is not trouble, can you please PM me the list of all the 150 medical colleges to which Pitt students got into and total numbers for each school. You can just scan the page and send it. I have it for 2016. Thanks a lot
    · Reply · Share
  • SkAdviceSkAdvice 6 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 6 New Member
    edited April 27
    Dear @hailtopitt1787 ,

I am an out-of-state student who is about to commit to the University of PIttsburgh, but I would like to know the medical school statistics of the pre-med students at Pitt who have been admitted to medical colleges in general in 2019. Please PM me the data as soon as possible; I need to make my decision by tomorrow.

Thank you very much for your response.

P.s. I was sick on the Honors Students Day and missed a lot of information.
    edited April 27
    · Reply · Share
  • hailtopitt1787hailtopitt1787 1922 replies1 discussionsRegistered User, College Rep Posts: 1,923 Senior Member
    Hi @bsms2018 and @SkAdvice,

Please send me a message with an e-mail that you would like to receive this data to. The list is very comprehensive and will need to be sent via e-mail.

-Pitt Admissions Staffer
    · Reply · Share
  • V80287V80287 2 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Does Pitt have a pre-med committee which provide committee letter to med schools or undergrad students need to get recommendation letters from professors individually when they apply to medical schools?
    · Reply · Share
    @SkAdvice I have sent you an e-mail. Feel free to delete your comment on here if you don't want your e-mail to be available to the public.

-Pitt Admissions Staffer
    · Reply · Share
  • SkAdviceSkAdvice 6 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Thank you so much @hailtopitt1787 .

I did not know how the forum works, when I didn't see my message posted, I thought my browser was causing some problems. So, I pressed Post Comment many times , it flagged the admin' attention.
    I got a warning from the Admin.

I am very sorry about what I have caused.
    · Reply · Share
    @SkAdvice no need to apologize, there is nothing wrong with you did. I have actually encountered a similar problem on here. This forum can be a bit confusing sometimes. Anyway, I hope you choose to commit to Pitt!
    · Reply · Share
  • V80287V80287 2 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2 New Member
    @hailtopitt1787, Does Pitt have a pre-health committee which writes a committee letter to med schools or undergrad students need to get recommendation letters from professors individually when they apply to medical schools?
    · Reply · Share
    @V80287 I am not entirely sure. I recommend you reach out to the Interprofessional Center for Health Careers at 412-624-2656.

-Pitt Admissions Staffer
    · Reply · Share
  • amanwithadreamamanwithadream 9 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 12 New Member
    @hailtopitt1787 Hello, I am interested in the pre medicine program and saw the acceptances you had posted in previous posts (Around 159 acceptances). Do you know what the average GPA and MCAT scores for these applicants were? Please let me know.
    · Reply · Share
    Hi @amanwithadream

Please send us a private message with an e-mail address that I can send this information too! There are quite a few statistics regarding the GPA/MCAT scores.

-Pitt Admissions Staffer
    · Reply · Share