Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

University of Pittsburgh Class of 2023 Discussion Thread

Replies to: University of Pittsburgh Class of 2023 Discussion Thread

• mom23travelersmom23travelers Registered User Posts: 487 Member
    When I use the application ID to log in to the Portal and click on check application status it just goes to a blank page. Is that what is supposed to happen?
  • EagerlyawaitingEagerlyawaiting Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    We thought the same thing at first. Perhaps you may have missed the very tiny “Main menu” choice that is above the University of Pittsburgh dark blue “banner” as we did. If so, simply select “Main menu,” then “self service,” next “Admissions,” and finally, “Application status.”
  • DCNatFanDCNatFan Registered User Posts: 604 Member
    How long after submitting the application do you receive the email with ID information?
  • EagerlyawaitingEagerlyawaiting Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    About a week. I think it may have said it could take up to two weeks, but I’m not sure if I remember that correctly as it did not take that long.
  • NovaMom93NovaMom93 Registered User Posts: 112 Junior Member
    @DCNatFan there was an email 2-3 business days after submission with Pitt Portal instructions. The "Pitt ID - keep this handy email" came after the application was marked "complete" in the portal.
  • blank2019blank2019 Registered User Posts: 19 Junior Member
    edited November 2018
    Hey guys,

Haven't received my own admissions decision yet but decided to make this thread to see if anyone got any updates. (:
    Post edited by skieurope on
  • rlenardrlenard Registered User Posts: 25 Junior Member
    ive been obsessing over this so much lately. i ended up stalking the threads from past years and found that they released the first batch of decisions around this time. i am so eager to receive a response i am actually going to combust
  • blank2019blank2019 Registered User Posts: 19 Junior Member
    me too!!! when did you apply @rlenard
  • rlenardrlenard Registered User Posts: 25 Junior Member
    august 5th. how about you
  • G_2019LAGG_2019LAG Registered User Posts: 24 Junior Member
    Hello, I am a senior male applying to nursing at Pitt:
    GPA: 94
    SAT: 1250... I am taking it again in October
    Is it a good idea to still apply now even though I will be taking the SAT in October and it will be over a month before those scores come in?
  • shortnukeshortnuke Registered User Posts: 520 Member
    I suspect that the first batch of decisions may be a bit later this year since this is the first year that Pitt is accepting the Common App. They will likely receive many more applications compared to previous years and will need to make sure that everything is working with the Common App submissions. Don't get too stressed if you don't hear anything for a few more weeks.
  • opalladyopallady Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    How soon after submitting CommonApp did confirmation email arrive? D submitted yesterday and still no response. Application is marked Complete since submittal. Thank you. @hailtopitt1787
  • DCNatFanDCNatFan Registered User Posts: 604 Member
    D19 submitted her app on 9/8 and we received the Pitt ID e-mail today. Have not received anything about the portal log-in though.
  • salingerfansalingerfan Registered User Posts: 19 Junior Member
    For people who already submitted their application, I have a question: on the short answers/essays, did the formatting make it so you couldn't have paragraph breaks? So if you typed in your short answer with a few different paragraphs, it looked like one giant paragraph when you reviewed it? I'm just wondering if this is true for everyone or if it's a problem to be fixed.

The person we called at the admissions office today said that that had been a problem for years and all the application essays turn out like that and there's nothing that can be fixed. However, the person at admissions my son talked to yesterday said he should contact the "helpdesk". It has been 36 hours now and the "helpdesk" hasn't emailed back yet.
  • mom23travelersmom23travelers Registered User Posts: 487 Member
    Thanks @eagerlywaiting that solved it!