Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

University of Pittsburgh Class of 2023 Discussion Thread

Replies to: University of Pittsburgh Class of 2023 Discussion Thread

• MominPA2017MominPA2017 Registered User Posts: 83 Junior Member
    can you explain what you mean by cost comparison, and how you went about submitting that? Thanks!!!
  • mommdcmommdc Registered User Posts: 11,255 Senior Member
    Wait for your letter, there should also be an email sent with a video from Pitt. Check your spam folder.
  • carachel2carachel2 Registered User Posts: 2,974 Senior Member
    @blank2019 unless Pitt has dramatically changed this year, the answer is no. They do not offer merit $$ to NMSF or NMF. However, if your SAT or SAT are competitive you could be in the running for merit.
  • aal2019aal2019 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    I checked today (I’ve been checking non stop since I applied 8/1) and my buttons have changed!! Super anxious.
  • aal2019aal2019 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Mine said “you don’t not have any pending app.” For the longest time.
  • DJCURRYBEATS19DJCURRYBEATS19 Registered User Posts: 142 Junior Member
    I just got accepted!!! Had the buttons appear on the app. Applied August 20th to Dietrich, 1580 SAT, 4.35 wGPA. Good luck to everyone, I’ll be checking the threads!
  • collegenervous21collegenervous21 Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    Hi has anyone heard back from the business school? I'm thinking it goes by college?
  • NovaMom93NovaMom93 Registered User Posts: 112 Junior Member
    Congrats to all!
  • alamohannaalamohanna Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi everyone, I a, seeing everyone mention an "app" where they can see accept and decline buttons and I wanted to know what app you are talking about? I have the website where I applied but it only updated me that my SRAR were sent and when I update the information on my account. Is there another app? If it is the Pitt PS Mobile app, how do you log in? Because it asks for a username and password and if you don't have it, it asks for information that I don't have yet. If anyone could help me out I would be greatly appreciative, I would hate to miss out on accepting or decking my application. Thank you!
  • opalladyopallady Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    edited September 2018
    @Julclergpls44455 Is this something you heard from admissions directly? D submitted her app through the common app and hasn't received any email confirmation yet. She even emailed admissions to verify about her application and also asked about the SRAR submission - they just sent her a link for the SRAR but never responded to her question about whether or not her application was received. A little frustrating...
  • alamohannaalamohanna Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi everyone, I am seeing everyone mention an "app" where they can see accept and decline buttons and I wanted to know what app you are talking about? I have the website where I applied but it only updated me that my SRAR were sent and when I update the information on my account. Is there another app? If it is the Pitt PS Mobile app, how do you log in? Because it asks for a username and password and if you don't have it, it asks for information that I don't have yet. If anyone could help me out I would be greatly appreciative, I would hate to miss out on accepting or checking my application. Thank you!
  • sable999sable999 Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    @hailtopitt1787 Can you clarify the status of applications submitted on the Common App? Are you having technical difficulties with all apps submitted that way, or is it just slower? Should resubmitting on a alternate platform be considered? My son has not received any verification that his application has been received (sent 9/9) and the subsequent link to answer the short answer essay questions. He is really hoping for merit aid so had intended to have it all wrapped up by now. Any advice? I did call the office last week and was told that admissions is working on the technical problem and hoping to start to process those applications soon, but she could not give any timeframe. Thanks for your help.
  • sable999sable999 Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    Has anyone who has been accepted or seen the "buttons" applied using common app and not the Pitt specific or collation app? Has anyone who applied via the common app even got a verification email or link to the portal, and if so, how long did it take to get that? I am wondering if all common apps are stuck in limbo. Sounds like maybe they are.
  • HarviKHarviK Registered User Posts: 25 Junior Member
    My D applied via Common App on 09/11/2018 and we heard for all other colleges except Upitt. When I called today the undergraduate admission says they are not able to import Common App folks applications and do not know when that will be fixed. This is very frustrating and does not help at all. Some body in IT should responsible for this mess.
  • NovaMom93NovaMom93 Registered User Posts: 112 Junior Member
    @alamohanna the log-in credentials for the Pitt Mobile app are the same as the one you use for the pitt application portal. It looks like its sent a few business days after they receive the application. Good luck!