Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
The Forums will be unavailable Tuesday, June 25 starting at 9 am ET as we prepare for a major design update!

PITT CLASS OF 2023 HONORS COLLEGE/ MERIT AID

Replies to: PITT CLASS OF 2023 HONORS COLLEGE/ MERIT AID

• WaitingPittWaitingPitt Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    @csNotBS Thanks so much! And congratulations to you!!! Best of luck in your next 4 years!!
  • therin778therin778 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Just received 15k a year :).OSS student
    Stats: 34 ACT, 4.0 UW GPA, 1/68 class rank. 10 CCP classes (35 credit hours), my school doesn't have AP lol
    I also dance at a pre-professional ballet company for extracurriculars, as well as do science projects for 4-H and CRISPR research

Has anyone gotten their honors decisions yet? I was reading the forum from last year and people had already gotten theirs this time last year?
  • hailtopitt1787hailtopitt1787 Registered User, College Rep Posts: 1,923 Senior Member
    @therin778, The Pitt Honors process has changed substantially this year. This year, November 1st is the Pitt Honors Priority Consideration Deadline. Candidates who meet that deadline will be informed of their Pitt Honors admission decision on or before December 15.

Good luck!

Best,
    A Pitt Admissions Staffer
  • 5Dis5Dis Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    My daughter received a letter in the mail today stating she’s been awarded $20,000/year scholarship. She applied to Dietrich and is hoping to be accepted into Guaranteed Medical school program.
    OOS female student: 1570 SAT, 4.0 GPA, IB Diploma student, AP and IB classes, also a ballet dancer in a company (saw someone else above is, too). She really loves Pitt.
  • gpo613gpo613 Registered User Posts: 294 Junior Member
    @5Dis congrats. When did she receive her acceptance letter. Now that we are seeing these roll in we are waiting ourselves.
  • 5Dis5Dis Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    She was accepted at the end of September. Last week of September, I believe.
    Good luck to all. We just went through the college admissions process last year with our oldest and now the middle child this year 😜
  • DJCURRYBEATS19DJCURRYBEATS19 Registered User Posts: 142 Junior Member
    Just got a letter today offering me 15k per year! 4.35 wGPA, 1580 SAT, 9 APs, top 15% of class at top school in the state. Congrats to everyone else!
  • TuuuuuuulaTuuuuuuula Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi guys, I have two questions:
    1) If I submit my application with the honors application, and I don't get into honors programs. Is it possible I can still get into Pitt?
    2) Can I submit my regular application to Pitt and then submit the honors application by 11.1 as a follow up?

Thanks!
  • mommdcmommdc Registered User Posts: 11,267 Senior Member
    If you are accepted to Pitt, you are accepted. Honors selection is done separate from that.

I would urge you to submit the Pitt online application asap and send your scores.

I believe the short answer essay questions can be submitted later, but I would not wait until 11/1.
  • hailtopitt1787hailtopitt1787 Registered User, College Rep Posts: 1,923 Senior Member
    @Tuuuuuuula,
    1) Yes! Admission to Pitt and admission to Pitt Honors are separate reviews.
    2) Yes to this, too. Because we are rolling admissions, submitting your application and responses to the Short Answer Questions as early as you can is encouraged. Honors review is deadline-based and not rolling, so as long as you respond to the Honors questions by November 1, you will be reviewed for Priority Consideration.

Good luck!
  • TuuuuuuulaTuuuuuuula Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Thanks so much!
  • HarviKHarviK Registered User Posts: 25 Junior Member
    @ hailtopitt1787
    I wanted find out if my D still need to use following link and resubmit answers for Pitt Honors even though she selected Would you like to apply to Pitt Honors now? Yes and answered all the questions submitted with Common App.
    https://oafa.pitt.edu/forms/pitt_honors.php
    @HarviK, Is she wanting to update her responses? I would recommend she contact our office to let us know that she wants to update her responses. Once we have added that note to her applicant file, that link would be what she would need to use to update her responses.

Best,
  • HarviKHarviK Registered User Posts: 25 Junior Member
    @hailtopitt1787 - I just wanted to make sure that the responses sent via common app are the one admission office received for Pitt Honors and merit aide. I will ask her to contact office.