Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.
Visit our COVID-19 resource page.
There are a few days left until May 1st and I'm in a huge dilemma right now between Pitt and W&M. I'll be a chemistry major at both schools on the pre-med track. In regards to money, I'll be paying very similar prices at either so it isn't a factor for me. I also broke down what I like and don't like about both schools:
- Admitted into the honors college
- Tons of shadowing and clinical experience on campus
- Top 10 in NIH grant money (lots of research with good possibility to find paid work)
- Big school (~20k undergrads; I prefer mid-sized)
- Not a traditional enclosed campus
- Mid-sized (~7k undergrads; just where I like it)
- Academics are rigorous (heard it's hard but don't know relative to Pitt)
- One of the best undergrad teaching with small classes (great for getting recs)
- Enclosed campus
- Social scene (greek life dominant and overall mindset is work hard play hard without the play hard)
- The closest hospital is a few miles away and can't compete with UPMC resources
I think both are great schools but have a few things that are missing for my perfect college. If you could let me know your thoughts, that'd be great! Thanks!