right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Can I get in as a transfer? (still a freshman)

JethroJethro 145 replies30 threads Junior Member
edited January 2007 in University of Pittsburgh
Im here in my first semester at NC State and really dont like it, so I applied to Pitt for transfer. I went to a competitive hs right outside of pittsburgh, a good amount of people get accepted to pitt from it. I took honors science and math throughout high school, taking honors calc in 11th grade. I finished hs with a 3.7 GPA (got better every year), but my ACT is a 24 and my SAT is 1100, 600 M 500 V 530 W. My ACT math was a 29. Im trying to get into their business program (currently enrolled at NC States college of management). Do I have a chance? I really made a mistake by not going there to begin with...Ill have about 15 credits to transfer over.
edited January 2007
1 replies
Post edited by Jethro on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Can I get in as a transfer? (still a freshman)

• Pat2323Pat2323 612 replies23 threads Member
    I transferred from Penn State to Pitt after two years. I had an SAT of 1330 and a college gpa of I think 3.6. I had no problem transferring, but it might be tough for you. Talk to someone at Pitt about it, they'll be able to help you.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity