Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.
Visit our COVID-19 resource page.
Okay, so here's my dilemma. I applied to Pitt as a safety and wound up liking it more than I thought I would after I visited... not my favorite, but the scholarship I got sweetens the deal, and it was a very decent school. I was very excited about it while there, but I'm excitable in general, and the main reason I'm enticed is the financial aspect of it + some of the opportunities in the Honors College.
However. I also got accepted to the University of Chicago and UPenn, which were my two top choices, and am still waiting to hear on CMU, where I think I will probably get in.
I'm wondering if anyone else had to make this kind of decision... deny a dream school (I've wanted Chicago since I was a freshman... it feels like it was made for me) for a scholarship at Pitt, or move the other way and deny the scholarship for a shot at the dream? Any experience would be appreciated. I understand I'll probably get the Pitt side of experience here, but I'd really like to hear about other decisions people thought about making or had to make before making the final choice.