right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Pitt vs Univ. Delaware

AshClass09AshClass09 12 replies4 threads New Member
edited April 2006 in University of Pittsburgh
Hey everyone...looks like im going to be deciding between pitt and delaware. I visited Pitt this weekend and loved it! The towers looks like so much fun and their fitness center is amazing! Im going into nursing and Pitt has a great nursing program. I'm visiting Delaware in a couple week... could use some insight.
edited April 2006
4 replies
Post edited by AshClass09 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Pitt vs Univ. Delaware

• DodiefaeDodiefae 25 replies2 threads New Member
    I have visited both universities with my daughter and they're both still on her list (as well).
    With respect to non-academic issues, I think having free transportation in Allegheny county at Pitt is a big plus. Plus I thought their meal plan was more flexible where you could use "blocks" at the food court areas.
    I don't know anything about Delaware's nursing program - Pitt seems to have advantages with its affiliations with several medical centers.
    Good luck making your decision!!
    · Reply · Share
  • steve87steve87 68 replies9 threads Junior Member
    Hey, I'm going to pitt next year and live five minutes from UD. I got in there, but I found I like Pitt overall a lot better after my visit. I know a little about the nursing program at UD, because my mom took some courses there to get her liscense. It's definately a pretty good program at UD, but Pitt is definately a better program. Especially with University of Pittsburgh Medical Center right on Campus.
    · Reply · Share
  • nurse123nurse123 147 replies2 threads Junior Member
    i also applied to delaware for nursing, but i agree that pitt is a much better program,
    · Reply · Share
  • DETSAznDETSAzn 81 replies51 threads Junior Member
    i applied to both, got generous aid to both, and perhaps because i've lived in DE all my life, put pittsburgh second on my list, with DE as a close third. pitt seems to be much more health-oriented and a better nursing school.

good luck in your decision!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity