right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Can I Get Into Business?

happyface2002happyface2002 85 replies23 threads Junior Member
edited August 2008 in University of Pittsburgh
GPA: 3.06 (unweighted)
SAT: 1600 (out of 2400), retaking this and the ACT tho
Vice President of Black Affinity Group
Race Day Facilitator (07-08), Speaker
Member of Cooking Club, RAD (Race Discussion Group), SADD, Spanish Club (2006-2007)
Co-Captain of Track & Field (2006-2007), participant of it since 7th grade
Did Orchestra from 3rd grade to 10th grade, Chorus 11th-12th
Participant of school-run musicals as well as the student run "Grease" coming this fall
Participated in the Literary Magazine Group for my school for a year and contributed to the magazine with poetry

Community Serivce: Teen Leaders of America, worked @ Manna Food Bank & Blue Ridge Mountains in Asheville, NC; installed composting system in Asheville School in Asheville,NC; and working with children @ the Frazer Center (center for kids, normal and autistic)

Expecting to have taken either over 5 honors and 1 AP or over 5 honors and 2 APs give or my senior schedule

Job: Summer Camp Counselor @ my school
Resident of Atlanta, GA
African-American student
and I attend one of the best private schools in the nation
edited August 2008
1 replies
Post edited by happyface2002 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Can I Get Into Business?

• Emi2008Emi2008 241 replies9 threads Junior Member
    If you get a higher score on the SAT/ get a high score on the ACT, and raise your gpa little, you are in. Right now you have a good chance, but if you just improved your test scores you have an excellent chance.

And of course, people will always say since you're a minority that'll help get you in, etc., but never rely on that

Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity