right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

My chance?

SGKMANSGKMAN 19 replies12 threads Junior Member
edited August 2008 in University of Pittsburgh
Univ. Pitt is one of my top choices and I want to send the applications as soon as I retake my SAT but here are my stats :(

GPA. 3.25w (Private Catholic school)
I took all college prep. Freshmen year and every year I challenged myself took honors in various subjects and now I am taking AP bio as a senior.

SAT I did awful,
550 Math 500 reading but def. re taking the SAT
And SAT II for MATH 1 and Korean

Recomm. Letters from my science math teacher and one from my councilor, he said He is going to write me a really nice one.

ECs
I teach little kids Korean every Sunday
Yg president leader for two years.
Varsity track (indoor/Outdoor) for 3 years
And planning to continue senior year
2nd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do, won couple gold medals for sparing,
Involved in demonstrator team
Joined couple school clubs etc....

I know my resume seems a bit weak, but I really want to get this school.
I heard like emailing admin about how you are interested could also increase chance but I don’t know if that applies to Pitt but please guide me through
I am getting more anxious about colleges as time passes by 

edited August 2008
1 replies
Post edited by SGKMAN on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: My chance?

• jaf1991jaf1991 422 replies13 threads Member
    If you haven't done it already, go to the Pitt website and request a viewbook. It's an easy way to show interest and they may send you an application fee waiver along with the viewbook.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity