right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Best cell phone plan?

lkf725lkf725 4596 replies184 threads Senior Member
edited May 2005 in University of Pittsburgh
What cell phone companies give the best coverage in Oakland and surrounding areas?
edited May 2005
3 replies
Post edited by lkf725 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Best cell phone plan?

• bonafide20bonafide20 330 replies104 threads Member
    Sprint and Verizon are great all over the city. The only differences you may find is in in door coverage. Verizon is pretty good with that. Other comapnies will give you pretty good coverage everywhere in the city because...well, pretty much all of them purposely make the urban areas well covered. The diff will, again be indoor coverage but also coverage on the outskirts of town. I would reccomend Spring or Verizon if you want city + outsirts of town coverage. T-Mo and Cingular and maybe Cricket would be fine for city coverage but you may or may not be covered well if you leave the city area.
    · Reply · Share
  • lkf725lkf725 4596 replies184 threads Senior Member
    Thanks. We have cingular now, but I was wondering if we should change to Verizon, or some other company. I do find problem pockets in the suburbs and sometimes inside buildings. But my phone is VERY old, and that may contribute to the problem.
    · Reply · Share
  • bonafide20bonafide20 330 replies104 threads Member
    yes, if the phone is old, that is more than lkely the main reason.

Most people around the area have sprint or verizon. after that, people have at&t/cingular. If would probably be more convenient to get VZ or Spring because there is a full service Verizon store downtown and right around the corner from it (LITERALLY) is a Sprint store (though ther eis no tech help there...they have phones and accessories). There is also a Verizon store (I don't think this one is full service though..it has accessories and phones) in Monroevile Mall and if you take the same but going that way and get off a couple stops before the mall, you can walk to a full service Sprint store. I don't know of where therre is a Cingular store, though there may be 3rd party dealers. Oh, there is a Radio Shack in Oakland and also downtown and they sell both Sprint and Verizon service.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity