Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How often do UPS students actually leave campus?

AmazingBlueAmazingBlue Registered User Posts: 99 Junior Member
How often do UPS students actually leave campus? Where do they go? How do they get there? Does everybody have a car? (On the car question, I hope not.)

I'm particularly curious about how often students actually spend time in and around Sixth Avenue, the Proctor District, downtown Tacoma, Point Defiance, Seattle, Mt. Rainier, etc.

Replies to: How often do UPS students actually leave campus?

• 11Cyber2211Cyber22 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I do not go there yet but from what I gather, most of the social life revolves around events taking place on campus and outdoor activities.
  • PacNWparentPacNWparent Registered User Posts: 209 Junior Member
    I happened to be in Tacoma today. Freshman orientation started at UPS couple of days ago. As far as where do students go, I saw UPS students exploring the Proctor District and walking along beautiful Commencement Bay. Both are walking distance from the campus, although getting to Commencement Bay is a hike.
  • amnicoamnico Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I am a freshman in my first semester, and so far, I have been into seattle twice, Vancouver once, and downtown tacoma from time to time. That being said, I had a friend with a car, so it was much easier
This discussion has been closed.