Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UPS Financial Aid

anndavanndav Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
Hi all. My daughter was accepted to her No. 1 school UPS but of course it's also the most expensive school she applied to. Financial aid offered is generous but with a $63K COA it still leaves over $18K out of pocket. That already includes $5,500 in student loans and $3,450 work study. We appealed bec our 2016 income was much higher than 2017 and did receive some more univ. need based $ and a pell grant. Compared to her other offers their offer yields a % of total COA similar to her other so but definitely not the lowest. Just wondering when you know they've given you all they can and/or do we keep going back asking for more $? I haven't tried to play the "X Univ. gave her this much more $" card as I just feel kind of slimy playing that game and I've heard some schools are receptive to these comparisons but others aren't. Any advice from others who applied to UPS?

Replies to: UPS Financial Aid

• WildRumpuserWildRumpuser Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    I would not hesitate to play that game. I don't think it's slimy at all. The worst that happens is that UPS fails to match.