Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Uni Puget Sound

EmpressLeoEmpressLeo Registered User Posts: 29 New Member
edited January 2008 in University of Puget Sound
Does anyone know about the quality of this school or heard anything good? I know it's nationally ranked and someone in another discussion said it has honorable mention. I'm looking to transfer to a LAC this fall for Japanese and Chinese and maybe Russian language study. Problem is, I don't have the best GPA, and no extracurriculars so I'm looking for a school that isn't too selective but is still decent in the departments I'm looking for which is language. Currently, I'm just taking GEs at a CC to transfer. I think because I care not for what I'm studying (GEs), it's harder for me to get a high GPA, although I'm sure that's no excuse. In my language classes, I do very well and I teach myself in my spare time which is why the classes were so easy, but I've only taken Japanese I and II so far. I also work full time in addition to going to school full time. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I just want to go to a decent school that isn't going to take on look at my background and toss my app out the window. I'd love to go to Middlebury or Pomona and I know GPA and scores aren't everything but there'd probably be no reason to choose someone with a 2.25 regardless of minority status vs someone with at least a 3.0.
Post edited by EmpressLeo on

Replies to: Uni Puget Sound

• kdmomkdmom Registered User Posts: 362 Member
    The University of Puget Sound has a good reputation in the Pacific Northwest. The campus is very nice, and when I visited (on homecoming weekend) the students seemed pretty content and there was lots of activity.

I think that a 2.25 GPA is on the low side for them, but they may be impressed by your work experience. You'll never know until you try. Here's a link to their most recent freshman stats profile:
    http://www.ups.edu/Documents/Admission/2007FreshmanProfile.pdf
  • halliohallio Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    I am also looking to transfer to UPS. Does anyone know what the financial aid is like for transfers compared to freshmen?
This discussion has been closed.