Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Priority Review 2013-2014?

eps96eps96 Registered User Posts: 270 Junior Member
edited January 2014 in University of Rochester
Is Rochester doing Priority review this year? I checked it off on the common app, but the application deadline still says January. Anyone know how to fix this or if in fact Rochester is doing priority review this year?
Post edited by eps96 on

Replies to: Priority Review 2013-2014?

• jiblerjibler Registered User Posts: 1,604 Senior Member
    Their website says deadline is Dec. 1 this year
  • tempe39tempe39 Registered User Posts: 58 Junior Member
    Are all the supplements filled out on the common app? Because I saw the supplemental form online and also on the common app.
  • dontrejectmedontrejectme Registered User Posts: 90 Junior Member
    I can't even find the Priority Review button on the Common App! All I see is ED and RD for Rochester!!!
  • PinotNoirPinotNoir Registered User Posts: 2,554 Senior Member
    If I remember right, you check the priority review button on your UR account. There isn't anything you check on the common app - just get it in by the correct date.
  • deljodeljo Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    The only option I see on the ROC account page is for EA. There isn't even an option for RD. Does PR show up after the EA deadline?
  • tiva_mcabby5tiva_mcabby5 Registered User Posts: 127 Junior Member
    The Priority Review option is put under U of R's specific questions on the Common App. One of the questions asks something along the lines of "are you interested in any of these special programs?", and it has options such as REMS, GEAR, and Priority Review.

As long as you get everything submitted by December 1st, you'll be considered for Priority Review. (As far as I know).
  • quidditchcatquidditchcat Registered User Posts: 2,894 Senior Member
    There is a specific question that says "Priority Review" but common app doesn't recognize it as a different deadline. It'll still list it as January 1st.

But unless you submit by December 1 it will not count as Priority Review.
  • Mmorkous96Mmorkous96 Registered User Posts: 100 Junior Member
    Did anybody's status move to step 3?
  • gracie0127gracie0127 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Mmorkous96 - Nope.
  • 7latemodel7latemodel Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    Mine's on step 4 already
  • LAMunivLAMuniv Registered User Posts: 1,504 Senior Member
    Mine is still on step 2.

Also I did Priority Review, and Common App still lists January 1st as my deadline. As long as you checked it off on your supplement and submitted by December 1st, you'll be fine. If you want to double check, log in to your MyRoc account, and in the box under "Welcome [YOUR NAME]!" there will be a section that's labelled "Application Type" and it will say priority review if you did everything.

Best of luck!
    Is it me or the website changed? i can't view my status (steps)
  • mibsprincessmibsprincess Registered User Posts: 173 Junior Member
    Yes, it has changed for me as well. I do not see the steps either.
  • quidditchcatquidditchcat Registered User Posts: 2,894 Senior Member
    Yeah the website changed. Does anyone know what Meliora Alumni Scholarship? How about "writing sample (recommended)"?

Also for the Midyear Report, what do you do if your school won't send them in until Feb 1? Is that too late?
    Last time I checked on the old website (Saturday), the deadline for the mid year report is March 1.
This discussion has been closed.