Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Possibly missed deadline for SCHC

galtnotgaltnot Registered User Posts: 27 New Member
Two problems- a) I sent the app Nov 15 my time but Nov 16 EST. Will it still be considered? Is there any grace period?
B) I have not sent in my SAT scores, only ACT, as I didn't know they needed all of them- will they still take it so late in the game?
How screwed am I?
Post edited by galtnot on

Replies to: Possibly missed deadline for SCHC

• scmom12scmom12 Registered User Posts: 2,938 Senior Member
    You need to call admissions. No one here can give a definitive answer. Have SAT scores sent now. Obviously you can't call about the other issue until Monday.
  • CollinsFactorCollinsFactor Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    The website indicates Honors College applications received after November 15 will be considered on a space-available basis. The material had to be there by the 15th.

For 2011, SCHS was announced as the #1 Public University Honors College in the U.S. For that year the mid-range of scores-for the Freshman class was between 1380 and 1470 (SAT critical reading and math) . And the average weighted GPA was 4.61. I understand the scores increased for the incoming 2012 class.

If your scores are close to the above and you missed the SCHC deadline, you would likely be offered admission to the Capstone program.
This discussion has been closed.