Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

parking passes for fall

luvmiballerinaluvmiballerina Registered User Posts: 146 Junior Member
Anyone know when the parking passes for Fall will go on sale? DD will be a sophomore and taking a car back to school this fall. Thanks!

Replies to: parking passes for fall

• scmom12scmom12 Registered User Posts: 2,947 Senior Member
    You can check on the mysc portal....last week it still wasn't available but D hasn't checked in last few days.
  • coleman4coleman4 Registered User Posts: 366 Member
    Last year it wasn't til first week of July but then again they said they were in the middle of changing systems too so they were waiting til after that.
    Should be earlier for returning students. Last year we renewed by mid-May and I assume we get to do that before new requests. Freshmen could get parking passes/garage spots at orientation (at least when D started). Usually we have gotten a postcard to home address as reminder or student received email reminder, neither of those has happened yet.
    H just called this morning and they said it would still be a couple of weeks before students can sign up for parking. Said D would get email - however she will be a renewal, but I assume all students get some kind of notification.
  • StoneMagicStoneMagic Registered User Posts: 451 Member
    They are pretty good at communications - if your student has a garage pass, they get right of first refusal on renewals.
    Yes. They are running late this year but H talked to them just this week (about older D parking for summer) and they said it would still be week or two for fall renewals.
  • notrichenoughnotrichenough Registered User Posts: 8,670 Senior Member
    It looks like DD can renew her parking garage spot for the the fall, based on the parking web site, so I guess renewals are active. The only thing that shows up is for her current garage, so I don't think it is open for everybody yet.
  • coleman4coleman4 Registered User Posts: 366 Member
    Same for my S, so does that just mean they get first dibs on their spot (same garage)from last year but have to wait if they want a different garage (until those previously in those garages go first)?
This discussion has been closed.