right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

IB Cohort Programs

KryskovKryskov 54 replies4 threads Junior Member
On the eve of the early application deadline, I thought I'd put this up to gather information and decision notices from other applicants or current/former members for future applicants.

So, who else applied to one of these? How'd you think your application went? If you're currently a member or a graduate of one of these cohorts, why do you think you were admitted?

I applied to the IBEA program. I do well academically, got a 33 on the ACT and admitted to the Honors College, wasn't named a big scholarship winner, though. Hopefully I stand out for that and I'm not one of a million other Honors applicants haha! Essays I think were good, they all came close to the word limit for me and I had a good idea what to write for all of them. The application asked for relevant knowledge of the IBEA languages but that wasn't required to be admitted. I just hope that it's not one of those "technically-not-required but still required to be competitive" qualities. Any IBEA members that can shed light on this?
56 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: IB Cohort Programs

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity