Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

will i get in?

colempcolemp Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
After the first semester of my Junior year at a well known high school in CT I have
3.15 UW GPA- 2 honors classes
3.25 W GPA
1730 SAT-610 CR, 580 Writing, 540 Math
Many EC's including FBLA, DECA, relay for life, homeless shelter involvment, volunteer work at an aquarium for the whole summer and others.

ps. i am taking my SAT again and am going to take the ACT, so my SAT will most likely go up.
Post edited by colemp on

Replies to: will i get in?

• aromy621aromy621 Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    it will be close, your GPA is low
  • CotelizardCotelizard Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
    You still have another year to up your GPA. Don't lose heart. Concentrate on your grades and do your best. You may not get in till Spring decision though.
  • flowers12flowers12 Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    I got in with a 2.99 and 640 CR 620 MATH and 600 W... Since you're a junior you should take the SAT a few more times, and if you can break 1200 you should be fine.

EDIT
    I felt I should add that I also have college credit from UCLA (B+) in theatre and significants ECs in theatre.. that also may have helped, but you seem to have good ECs.
  • colempcolemp Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    thanks everyone for the input
  • dukeaj33dukeaj33 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    bad SAT score if you want to get any scholarship money.
  • bdg45ujbdg45uj Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    There were lots of kids at my son's high school who got in with less than 1100 on SAT, and GPA's below 3.5. You may get deferred at first, but will likely get in when they send out broader admissions (Spring). These were in-state kids, so that may make a difference.
  • mpbaker11mpbaker11 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    the average acceptance gpa here for kids from my school is a 3.1. the only reason its that is because someone went there with a 4.0. the majority of kids get in with gpas from like 2.7 to 3. youll be fine the honors classes will help you alot
This discussion has been closed.