Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Do I have a chance?

RolandBRolandB Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
edited February 2011 in University of South Florida
I have a 1790 combined SAT

710 reading
580 math
500 writing
28 SAT

And now for the fun part.

2.4 unweighted GPA with a 3.0 Weighted I have taken the AP classes of U.S history and English Comp getting a 3 and . This year I am taking Ap Physics C Mechanics Ap Literature and Ap Us Gov't having a B in all three classes although I don't expect to pass the physics exam.

I have roughly 75 hours of community service.

I understand my GPA brings me down a lot but this mainly because I had a rough time sophomore and freshmen year, does the school look at things like that?

Oh and I plan to major in English.
Post edited by RolandB on

Replies to: Do I have a chance?

• KaleidKaleid Registered User Posts: 188 Junior Member
    Your major really doesn't matter, so moving on to the rest...
    I'm not entirely sure how many freshmen they plan on accepting this year, mainly because last year they made a mistake and accepted way too many - we are now at 120% capacity because of that.
    Yes, your GPA isn't good, but the way that USF does admissions is they look at your success factors - AP classes, mid-high SAT, etc. If you have at least 3 of those, you shouldn't worry. Even if you're a bit short, they will refer you to the St Pete campus, where they have even lower admissions criteria.
This discussion has been closed.