Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Should I attend USF?

2»

Replies to: Should I attend USF?

• KaleidKaleid Registered User Posts: 188 Junior Member
    I have visited both FGCU and UF before USF and honestly, UF is in the middle of a tiny, crap town. The campus may be pretty and all, but the town outside of it is miserable. People who have come to visit their friends at USF during the school year (during breaks and such) have all told stories of how "UF wasn't worth it" for several reasons. I have friends who attend FGCU who want to transfer to USF because "a) their professors suck, b) their community and clubs suck, c) the town around it sucks, or d) the lack of IT and technology the school is equipped with in general."

I don't know for sure to what extent a, b, or d are true because my time at FGCU was limited. I'm sure everyone can come up with at least one thing they dislike about their school, but when 15 - 30 people from each school have said the same, I'd be a bit more lenient to believe them.
  • lavender19lavender19 Registered User Posts: 298 Junior Member
    Okay, I never said FGCU was prestigious. It's just affordable for me. Anyhow, people may insist USF isn't prestigious depending on whose standards you're talking about. By no means am I dissing USF or any Florida schools, but it seems as though none of the schools are really respected in Florida out of state besides UF, UM, and New College of Florida. Luckily, I got selected for a scholarship to Cornell and I think that's the best choice for me. I am going to take advantage of all the benefits!
2»
This discussion has been closed.