Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Do I have a good chance?

LunietaLunieta Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited November 2013 in University of South Florida
Hey guys. I've been worrying recently about this whole application stuff and I've always believed to have a pretty good chance of getting into USF, but recently I've been looking up a lot of things and noticed that USF is really weird with their decisions of accepting, so I was just curious on whether or not I still have a good chance.

My unweighted GPA is 3.3 / weighted is 4.8
SAT score: 1700, just took another sat today, hopefully get a higher score!
No ACT score, considering giving it a go~
Total AP classes taken: 5
EC: Vice president of Italian Honor Society, part of Italian Club and Mu Alpha Theta (math club)
I have work experience, and 22 hours of community service (I know I really need to get more)

I'm submitting my application tomorrow, with an essay and resume. How long should it take to receive a reply? I'm pretty anxious.

Thanks!
Post edited by Lunieta on

Replies to: Do I have a good chance?

• isaacyinnisaacyinn Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
    i dont know how long this application could take, but you should know usf has different rolling application i think it should be two weeks or less than a month to get result. u definitely can get into usf. dont worry
  • Niquii77Niquii77 Registered User Posts: 10,104 Senior Member
    What's your USF calculated weighted GPA? They're not going to see it as a 4.8.
  • anthonydillon1anthonydillon1 Registered User Posts: 70 Junior Member
    Paid the application fee and submitted everything except SAT scores. I did the SAT in Oct, received a 1600 (m+w+c) I could of easily gotten around (1800) but due to test day mishaps i ended up with a horrid 1600 (not happening again). Is a December SAT risky? My application has already been submitted though, its just the marks missing.

My goal for December is 2000+
  • Robby2306Robby2306 Registered User Posts: 113 Junior Member
    Anthony let me no when you hear back about your admission!

I applied 8weeks ago and havent heard anything yet!! We have around the same stats 1600 and idk about u but my gpa is 3.6 weighted 3.4 uw
  • Robby2306Robby2306 Registered User Posts: 113 Junior Member
    Best of luck to all
    Will let you know, btw do you keep in contact with any of the admissions ppl at USF?
    Also, are you retaking the SAT? Even if i get in i am retaking it dec 7th and submitting my newer higher score. It could help in getting admissions scholarships.
  • jules1195jules1195 Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    I say you have a pretty good chance. I just submitted my application two days ago, and I am not looking forward to the wait. I have a 3.78 gpa uw and 4.2 w and a 24 on the ACT but idk if that is good enough.
    In terms of whether your stats are good enough...it would depend alot. They will have to factor in your transcript marks, Extra-curriculars and also it could depend on the campus your applying too.
This discussion has been closed.