Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance? + Housing?

WolfemanWolfeman Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
edited October 2013 in University of South Florida
I'm a high school senior, 4.0 unweighted GPA, 30 ACT (35R, 31E, 28S, 28M), although with superscore I think it's 31. I'll either be valedictorian or salutatorian, and I took the ACT in September, and I'm pretty sure my Science and English went up. Trying really hard to work on my Math score.

If I do get accepted, what housing would be offered, and what is the best choice?
Thank you!!
Post edited by Wolfeman on

Replies to: Chance? + Housing?

• whomehnoobwhomehnoob Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    How can you not get accepted lol
  • Niquii77Niquii77 Registered User Posts: 10,104 Senior Member
    You'll be accepted with at least a minimum of $17,000 in scholarships.

Housing isn't offered off of merit. You have to apply for housing.

Best choice in housing? What're you looking for? There are different types that suite different people. The nicest in terms of design and newness is Juniper Poplar.
  • WolfemanWolfeman Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    Thank you guys! Fingers crossed (:
    For housing, I'd like a less social dorm. Maybe the set up where it's two people to a room, and they share a bathroom with an adjoining room. Obviously I'd love it to be cheap and also big, but whatever is the most practical. By the way, do you mean I have to apply for housing scholarships, or just housing in general?
  • Niquii77Niquii77 Registered User Posts: 10,104 Senior Member
    I'm dead serious. You're in. :) If you apply right now, you'd probably get accepted within a week. Essay not even necessary. Definitely look into the Honors College, 7 year medical program if you're interested in the medical field, and the Provost program. All of these are geared towards passionate, driven students with high scores.

JP sounds like it would be the best for for you. They have two people to a room and an adjoining bathroom with a room of another two people. They're social halls but it's not like you have people running up and down outside your room 24/7.

You have to apply for housing (as in reserve a spot to be placed into the dorm of your choice) separately. The details and instructions are on the USF Housing website. As far as housing scholarships, USF does not offer scholarships geared towards housing. You can use whatever shoelaces hips you receive towards housing, though. USF has a method where your charges are paid in the order of tuition, housing, then your meal plan. Therefore, in order to use your scholarships towards your housing, you must have enough funds to cover your tuition first.
  • WolfemanWolfeman Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    Alrighty, thank you so much!! I really appreciate it. (:
    I'll go back through their website and check out the housing.
This discussion has been closed.