Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
The Forums will be unavailable Tuesday, June 25 starting at 9 am ET as we prepare for a major design update!

USF Class of 2023

Replies to: USF Class of 2023

• RealAcadAdvisorRealAcadAdvisor Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
    @alandestroy Congratulations!
  • alandestroyalandestroy Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
  • olivia3olivia3 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    1. Date Applied: 10/26
    2. GPA Weighted: ?
    3. GPA Unweighted: 3.9
    4. ACT/ SAT Scores: 1200
    5. Extracurricular Activities: Cross country
    6. Ethnicity: White
    7.Major : Global Business
    8.Other schools you're applying to: Virginia Tech, James Madison University, Florida State University, University of Florida, Towson University, University of Maryland
    9.Admissions Decision: Accepted
  • nbs1230nbs1230 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi everyone,
    I applied to USF on Oct. 30 and still haven'r heard anything from them - I sent all the required documents and imagine I probably would've been contacted by the admissions office if any other paperwork was needed. It's been about 8 weeks and so I'm curious what the possible holdup could be. Is anyone else experiencing something similar?
  • Gramm4Gramm4 Registered User Posts: 17 Junior Member
    My daughter applied in September, had everything completed and was wondering why the delay. Then she called and found they didn't match her transcript with her application, so it had to be resent.
  • Gramm4Gramm4 Registered User Posts: 17 Junior Member
    nbs1230
    I plan on calling and asking when they reopen! @Gramm4 it says on OASIS they received my transcript though?
  • HHMA2019HHMA2019 Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    @nbs1230 Double check your Oasis to see if it shows they received all required documents (including test scores). There maybe a conflict somewhere but I doubt if they will contact you if there is an issue.
    @HHMA2019 I've checked! The only thing missing is 'college transcript' because I did dual enrollment classes, but all my classes are listed on my high school transcript as well so I didn't send one from the college. Despite that I think USF might need a transcript from the college as well, which is what I'm going to ask about hopefully :) If anyone knows if they need one or not please let me know!
    edited December 2018
    Yes, they need your college transcript. That is the hold up, send it immediately. I am dual enrolled, I sent my college transcript when I applied in August (received acceptance in October).
    @HHMA2019 thank you so much for the info -- I'll send as soon as the school reopens!
    @nbs1230 If you are dual enrolled with a local college, you should have an online account (student ID) to access. Login to the DE college account & send your college transcript to USF electronically.
  • chgoodiechgoodie Registered User Posts: 21 Junior Member
    So happy for my daughter. She got accepted today. Applied end of October although they received final outstanding info a couple weeks ago. SAT 1300, weighted gpa 3.9.
  • ppxyz123ppxyz123 Registered User Posts: 118 Junior Member
    Is the major mentioned in the acceptance letter? Also when logging into the portal it does not shows CS but as pre-Computer science as major? Not sure what that means. is it normal to have pre CS for first year? Kindly confirm
  • NMMRI15NMMRI15 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    That is your intended major. You need to complete certain requirements before being placed in your anticipated program.