Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
cubsrule147cubsrule147 Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
I am a senior from Illinois and was wondering if I have a shot at LSA.

ACT: 29

GPA: 3.8 UW

Extracurriculars: President of Speech and Debate Team, created a microfinance company, Scholastic Bowl, Student Council, Senior Class Vice President, NHS President, Spanish National Honor Society
2010 Tom Cross Youth Council: Tom Cross is the house minority leader in the house of reps for illinois.
Interning for a Congressman 18 hours a week currently in the summer.
Awards: National Qualifier for forensics, Sectional Champion in Impromptu Speaking and Second place at sectionals for extemporaneous speaking.
76th in the Nation in International Extemporaneous Speaking
Top 80/470(Octafinalist) in Impromptu Speaking in the Nation

Also I am not applying for financial aid if that helps.
Do i have a shot?
Post edited by cubsrule147 on

Replies to: Chances

• user13user13 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    In response to the last part, USC is need blind so whether you are applying for financial aid or not would not affect your chance of acceptance
  • jshainjshain Registered User Posts: 5,415 Senior Member
    Strong GPA (assuming good course rigor?), class rank, and EC's. Your ACT score of 29 will not make you as competitive as other applicants, but with everything else taken into consideration, your chances are decent but not great. Another point or two on your ACT would really help your chances that much more....
  • cubsrule147cubsrule147 Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    Thanks. I appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.