Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Double majoring

uscorberekleyuscorberekley Registered User Posts: 70 Junior Member
This is geared towards current USC students. I am currently a business major, but i want to double major in a major in the College of Letters, Arts, and Sciences. As a business major, there is no foreign language requirement, but the College does. Will i have to complete the Foreign Language requirement by double majoring?
Post edited by uscorberekley on

Replies to: Double majoring

• akalboyakalboy Registered User Posts: 847 Member
    If you double major and receive both a BA and a BS, you will need to fulfill the language requirement. If you do 2 BS's though (ie. Business Admin and Accounting), then you would not need to do it. I believe all majors in the college are BAs, so therefore you would have to fulfill the language requirement.
  • josebiwasabijosebiwasabi Registered User Posts: 572 Member
    not all majors in LAS are BAs. many of the natural science degrees have the BS option, but it requires more units than the BA counterpart. generally it requires 4-8 units of directed research as well as more upperdivs with labs.
This discussion has been closed.