Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.

SAT for RHP applicant

sprinklysprinkly Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
Hi!

I joined college confidential because I'm applying for the RHP. I'm wondering whether it's worthwhile to retake a 2300 SAT (800 CR, 710 M, 790 W). I did not anticipate doing this well and assumed that I would need to take it again in November, so I've already paid for November. I am satisfied with my score, even though I practiced math after taking the October test and now average 750ish.

I'm torn between taking it in November to boost my superscore or skipping it. Skipping it would mean losing money. I can't decide whether it's stupid to waste a paid-for test or neurotic to retake a perfectly good score. There is also a very real possibility that my math score will go up, boosting my superscore, but that my CR and writing scores will go down. That could look bad, especially if do not get into USC this year and next year I apply for schools that require me to report all scores.

What matters more for admission and merit scholarship consideration? I know that you aren't admissions officers, but your own personal experiences could help me a lot. Or you could just tell me to chill out.

Thanks!
Post edited by sprinkly on

Replies to: SAT for RHP applicant

• alamemomalamemom Registered User Posts: 6,384 Senior Member
    Your score is excellent. You could save yourself the stress by not taking it again - I really don't think a 2350, for example, would be looked on more favorably than a 2300 - they are both fantastic scores. Is there any way you can change your test selection for that test date to subject tests?
  • sprinklysprinkly Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    It's too late to change my test type. I still won't take it again unless you think a higher superscore will affect my scholarship chances. Thanks for answering!
This discussion has been closed.