Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Good Places To Eat?

archiegarchieg Registered User Posts: 288 Junior Member
I'll be graduating in May. I commute and won't be coming (this far down, at least) towards Downtown for a while.

Since I live with the folks, I was wondering if there's any good food places that do decently priced takeout ($20-$25 max) for about 7-8 people.

It doesn't have to be exceptional; just something local, you know?

All I can think of is Pizza Patron and Popeye's (but there's one not too far from my house, but still lol)

Thanks!
Post edited by archieg on

Replies to: Good Places To Eat?

• archiegarchieg Registered User Posts: 288 Junior Member
    I'm looking for a couple of places, to take something home every other Friday or so.
  • BandTenHutBandTenHut Registered User Posts: 1,098 Senior Member
    $3 per person max!? I really can't think of anything. And I've easily eaten 20 Pizza Patron pizzas.
  • beyphybeyphy Registered User Posts: 2,237 Senior Member
    The only places i can think of are either Popeyes or McDonalds. If you're on a budget, i'd advise getting a Crocpot. I've fed our family of five with $10 in ingredients (with leftovers) and preparation is only like 30-40min. You can buy one for as cheap as $20 on Amazon. (although my 6-quart one cost $50)

If you're feeling super frugal, Goodwill supposedly has Crocpots. There's one on Figueroa near campus too.
  • archiegarchieg Registered User Posts: 288 Junior Member
    So then I'll rephrase, and expand my options:

What's good local, signature takeout food that I can take home for the family? Price is not an issue.
This discussion has been closed.