Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Dorms: Fluor vs. Birnkrant

2»

Replies to: Dorms: Fluor vs. Birnkrant

• Businessco17Businessco17 Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
    How are the bathrooms at Birnkrant? Are they clean? Does it get crowded?
  • ThatsphatThatsphat Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    The bathrooms are alright. The cleaning staff does a good job of ensuring that the bathrooms are cleaned everyday but they can get messy, especially after parties. There are only two showers for each gender but I've never had a problem getting a shower when I needed to.
  • n2v222n2v222 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I've seen all the 'what to bring to college' lists. Can anyone tell me one or two things they wish they had (or hadn't) brought that aren't usually listed? My son will be in Birnkrant.
  • CADREAMINCADREAMIN Registered User Posts: 4,413 Senior Member
    Don't bring towels that are too thick and too plush. May feel great but takes twice as long to dry and college students don't have time to wait for a dryer. This doesn't apply to you n2v222, but if in a suite style like Parkside, you do not need the shower caddy/bucket thing for your body wash, shampoo and stuff. There is plenty of room in the bathroom itself or the storage in or just outside of the bathroom. Having a printer in the room for mine was a necessity. Can coordinate with roommate. We brought printer, they bought ink during the year, that kind of thing. USC bookstore sells printers, don't have to bring if flying. Kids like to buy/wear USC sweatshirts, etc., so don't bring a bunch of that if you will be buying USC stuff, closet fills fast. Last tip, don't bring too much of everything. The USC bookstore has virtually everything you need and CVS/Ralphs are nearby with other household and school supply stuff.
2»
This discussion has been closed.