right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
1 DAY until our COVID-19's impact on admissions webinar, tomorrow at 3:00 pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

Question about enrollment deposit! SOS

2pisquare2pisquare 22 replies3 threads New Member
I have submitted my SIR to a UC but I have been accepted to USC! I'd love to attend USC but unfortunately I am unsure if I can afford it! my finacial aid package hasn't been processed yet but I must submit my deposit to USC next week! do I have to withdraw from the UC that I submitted my SIR to before submitting my enrollment deposit to USC or can I just submit my enrollment deposit to USC wait for my finacial aid package to be processed and then withdraw from what ever institution I will not be attending! =|
edited June 2013
6 replies
Post edited by 2pisquare on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Question about enrollment deposit! SOS

• HeartyBowlHeartyBowl 245 replies55 threads Member
    No you don't have to withdraw from the UC yet. They aren't connected so USC has no idea you even SIR'd to a UC.
    · Reply · Share
  • 2pisquare2pisquare 22 replies3 threads New Member
    @heartybowl
    Thank you! is there a way they might find out or something? And if they do would I be kicked out of both schools? I just don't want to jeopardize my admission to any of the schools! I've worked so hard and I'm so close to mess it all up simply over some dumb decision! :/
    · Reply · Share
  • alamemomalamemom 6282 replies107 threads Senior Member
    2pisquare - agree w/HeartyBowl - you do not have to withdraw from UC first, but I wanted to add that you do NOT have to submit a commitment deposit to USC until you have had a chance to review your financial aid. Simply contact admissions and tell them you would love to attend, but you have to see your fin aid first. Ask for a commitment deposit extension until your package is received. It will be granted.
    · Reply · Share
    hey thanks guys for the response!
    I will be a Trojan :) fight on!

ps. Do you guys know how to withdraw from a UC?
    · Reply · Share
  • alamemomalamemom 6282 replies107 threads Senior Member
    Congratulations - I am glad to hear the financial aid made it possible to attend. Maybe an email to UC admissions to withdraw?
    · Reply · Share
    I called and they said I need to fax them a letter!
    no biggie!
    Thanx again...
    So are you currently attending USC?
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity