right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
1 DAY until our COVID-19's impact on admissions webinar, tomorrow at 3:00 pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

Useful minor with CS?

omgitsme1234omgitsme1234 68 replies13 threads Junior Member
USC has sooo many options. Current I'm looking into one of the ITP minors, but my question is,
what would be a minor that employers find useful?
edited June 2013
4 replies
Post edited by omgitsme1234 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Useful minor with CS?

• NC MomNC Mom 790 replies23 threads Member
    It depends on your intended career path. DS is a CS major and is doing both EALC and film minors. EALC is East Asian Language and Culture. He concentrates in Japanese. Hoping to get hired by a Japanese company I think, but also really just loves the Japanese language and culture and film production.
    · Reply · Share
  • omgitsme1234omgitsme1234 68 replies13 threads Junior Member
    @NC Mom, is it easy to graduate in 4 years with a minor? I've heard it's not that hard.
    · Reply · Share
  • NC MomNC Mom 790 replies23 threads Member
    DS is doing it in 4 years with two minors and a semester in Japan. It is taking careful planning and he is taking 17-18 credits a semester, but is managing to make it work. He came in with AP credits too which helped with some GE courses and other requirements. Let me know if you would like to speak to my DS about it. I am sure he would be glad to talk with you. He is a rising Junior.
    · Reply · Share
  • omgitsme1234omgitsme1234 68 replies13 threads Junior Member
    Thanks for the help NC Mom and I'll let you know if I need any more assistance.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity