right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Does USC stack grants and scholarships?

jdan123jdan123 28 replies17 threads Junior Member
So, I read on the USC Financial Aid website that they like to keep all need-based aid the same, and any additional scholarships (like the Dean's Scholarship, for example) would just stack on top of the grants/loans. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I don't recall most schools having this policy
edited June 2013
2 replies
Post edited by jdan123 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Does USC stack grants and scholarships?

• alamemomalamemom 6282 replies107 threads Senior Member
    Maybe you could quote and link the passage to which you are referring? I have not seen mention on the USC financial aid website that they "like to keep all need-based aid the same" nor would I understand what was meant by such a statement. Keep it the same as what?

The policy is unofficially explained here:

From page #1 post #1 of http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-southern-california/839970-faq-usc-financial-aid.html :
    alamemom wrote:
    - I was awarded a USC scholarship! That plus my financial aid means I get a full ride, right?

Unfortunately, not in most cases. USC scholarships are considered resources in financial aid calculations. If, for example, a student has a USC-determined need of $40,000 and is awarded a Presidential scholarship of approximately $20,000. The scholarship is a resource and reduces the USC-determined need to $20,000. Aid will be awarded on the reduced amount.
    · Reply · Share
  • jdan123jdan123 28 replies17 threads Junior Member
    Ope. Nvm then. I reread it and I misunderstood it. Sorry!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity