Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

5 Years Undergraduate

ShmigglesterShmigglester Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
Heya. I was interested in doing a double major or getting a second bachelors, but I'm unsure how easy that is to do in 4 years, so I was thinking of doing it in 5. But I have no idea how easy it is to stay for an extra year, especially if you're essentially a full financial aid student, like myself.

I was wondering if anyone has experience/knowledge of the subject?

Replies to: 5 Years Undergraduate

• HtostudentHtostudent Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Student here. If you are staying for 5 years and if the financial aspect works out, you may as well do a progressive master your fifth year. It is quite impractical to stay another year for the second major and I argue that it is only marginally better compared to a single major.
  • myusername4menowmyusername4menow Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    I am staying 5 years because of dual-degree. Whether or not you can do it in 4 years depends on what your two majors are and how many credits you come in with.
  • Mom2MMom2M Registered User Posts: 2,083 Senior Member
    Our D is doing a double major in 4 years (could have done it in 3.5 if she had taken 18 units a couple of semesters. She came in with a number of credits from IB and AP classes. Each situation is individual, they should be able to help you plan it out at registration.
This discussion has been closed.