Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How impacted is USC Housing?

carreraj106carreraj106 Registered User Posts: 109 Junior Member
So I submitted my housing application the morning that it opened earlier this week. I REALLY want to be placed in one of the five person single suites in the Parkside International RC.

Does anyone know how hard it is to get your first choice? Is Parkside IRC really popular?

Replies to: How impacted is USC Housing?

• CADREAMINCADREAMIN Registered User Posts: 4,418 Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    I posted then edited to go check on quantity of those (at first I thought you said a single then realized it was a single in a suite). But original post stands - those were long gone and taken by upperclassmen. It is virtually impossible to get a single as a freshman. If you do, go buy a lottery ticket that day!
  • carreraj106carreraj106 Registered User Posts: 109 Junior Member
    edited March 2017
  • CADREAMINCADREAMIN Registered User Posts: 4,418 Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    Many people were able to grab those before registration opened to freshman, and with only 36, I can only assume they were gobbled up, be sure you like your second choice. I get the privacy thing, a lot of people feel that way, but loosen up when they get to college - it is good to meet people and the residence buildings all have private study rooms throughout the building. You will be able to find your private time.
This discussion has been closed.